Wednesday, August 29, 2012

SWIM: 1.372K (P)

I went into today's swim with the intention of working on speed. Mary had to leave for work before 6:30 AM, leaving me an hour of pool time. It started out great as my first 20 laps were done in less than 34-minutes...6-minutes faster than my typical 0.914k. But my new goggles began to leak and I kept adjusting them after each lap (I purchased a pair of Speedo Hydrocity goggles yesterday). I'm sure I just have to get use to them, so I'll give them a couple more days. If I'm still having trouble next week, I'll switch back to my Speedo Hydrospex. 

For anyone interested in why I post odd-lot distances: My pool is measured in yards. Each length is 25-yards, or 50-yards per lap. Most of the events I swim are measured in kilometers; I convert my distances so I know where I stand. Once I get up to miles, I also include the standard US measurement...some races are measured in miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment