Monday, August 6, 2012

SWIM: 2.286k (P)

Waking up at 4:30 AM to swim is getting much easier. The pool was closed last week for scheduled maintenance, so I practiced in Lake Huron a couple days.  Considering my events will be mostly OW, I need to make a point to get in the lake at least once a week...weather permitting. They weren't quite ready when we got to the Y this morning, but a few swimmers helped out and we were all in the water by 5:05.

My swim started out a little slow. Withing the first five laps, my arms were beginning to tire and stiffen up. I kept pushing forward and finally got into a groove at around 500m. Everything started to fall into place...I felt good, had a nice breathing rhythm and my time was slightly improving. Overall, I had a very positive attitude.

I thought I would feel tired around 1.5k, but I wasn't...just kept going and going. It was about 1:50:00 and 2.286k when I finally decided it was time to get out of the pool.  I wasn't tired at all and felt I could go at least another 1k, but we had company and I was really craving my morning coffee.

I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment