Saturday, August 11, 2012

SWIM: 2.743k (P)

The Y doesn't open until 6a on Saturdays, so I got an extra hour of sleep.  In spite of this, it was still tempting to turn my alarm off and stay in bed.  I didn't want my day to be filled with regrets over missing my practice, so I found enough motivation to get out the door by 5:45a.

I was exhausted today, even after a good night's sleep.  I usually wake up after a few laps...not today.  There were only a few people at the pool this morning.  Not having to compete for a lane was nice, but I missed having other swimmers to measure myself against.

My fitness level was about the same as Wednesday...other than being sleepy, I felt good.  I could have kept swimming well beyond my 2.743k (3,000yd) goal, but time was up and they needed the pool for other scheduled Y programs.  I improved my overall time by another three minutes.

Breakfast is usually a few cups of coffee, but I was starving today.  Scrambled eggs with turkey breast, green & yellow peppers, onion, shredded cheddar, breakfast sausage, Kashi multi-grain waffles and a small glass of Sunny-D really hit the spot this morning!  It was about 956 calories (including coffee), but I can afford it after today's swim.  Still exhausted as I write this...I see an afternoon nap in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment