Tuesday, August 21, 2012

SWIM: 3.658k (P)

After this past weekend's race in the Presque Isle OWS...well, let's just say I'll never complain about how cold the pool water is again.

It's been a week since I've gone this distance, so I felt just a little tired near the end. But that also could be because I improved my 3.658k time by nearly ten minutes (finishing at about 02:20:00). I don't usually keep time to exact minutes and seconds, but this was a significant improvement. My shoulder was also a little sore, especially during the breast stroke.

Going forward; I will be progressing toward my 5k distance goal 2x/wk and working on strength/speed swimming 1x/wk. I will also be working on strength training outside the pool 2x/wk. I need to be able to do 5k in under 3 hours. I'd also like to significantly increase my time in the 1/2-mile, 1-mile and 2.5k.

No comments:

Post a Comment